Mixed Rigid Plastic
Post Consumer Bulky Rigid Plastic
MRP – Mixed Rigid Plastic – is composed of the bulky rigid plastics discarded by residents into the municipal waste stream. These include HDPE Buckets, Crates, Totes, Trays, Pet Carriers, Laundry Baskets and Lawn Furniture. They are often not included as part of a recycling program and not officially accepted however end up at the MRF anyway, forcing the sorting facilities to deal with them. Rather than pay to landfill this valuable resource, MRF’s started baling it and selling it to companies like Scrap Management for sorting, washing and grinding.
HDPE & PP Injection:
- Roll-Out Trash Carts
- Crates; Totes; Buckets
- Laundry Baskets
- Lawn Furniture
- Plastic Trays
- Pet Crates
*Metal such as axels and bolts should be removed.
Contaminants/Not Acceptable Items:
- Metal – Wires, Circuit Boards, Etc
- Car Seats
- Flexible Films
- Dumpster Lids
- PET – Clamshells, Bottles, Etc
- PVC – Pipe, Blister Pack, Etc.
- HDPE – Bottles, Drums, Jeri-Cans
- Other (may be marked as #7)
Not to exceed 2% of any other material that is not plastic:
– Paper, Cardboard, Metal, Styrofoam, Wood, Rubber, Liquid, Other Residuals, etc.
– Excessive amount of debris (sand, rocks, dirt, etc.) or moisture
– Heavy baler residue, grease or grime